ZAMOSC IN FOLK POLAND

Building a new life after the liberation of 1944 was not easy at first, in view of the destruction by the Nazi occupiers of approx. 40% residents of pre-war Zamość, including a considerable number of intelligences, and also in connection with the difficult process of consolidating the people's power in this area. The fundamental changes resulting from the new socialist economic structure also took several years. A significant investment process in Zamość did not begin until 1951, causing a faster influx of people into the city. When in 1946 Zamość was counting 20,9 thousand. residents, to w 1957 it reached the pre-war state, or 26,5 thousand. residents, in December 1970 — 34,7 thousand, and in December 1975 — 39,1 thousand. A clear revival took place thanks to the launch of new plants in 1. 1965—75. W 1970 there were approx. 16 thousand. people, of which in industry approx. 6,4 thousand. people, or 40% all employees. A w 1975 this number has risen to 22 thousand, of which in industry 11 thousand, or 50%.

As a result of significant investment outlays from 1951 a major food industry center was established in Zamość, with an excellent background in breeding and agricultural crops in the fertile lands of the Zamość region. W 1. 1951—61 large employing meat plants were established 1,7 thousand. employees, w 1954 Cold storage room and District Dairy Cooperative were launched, Egg and Poultry Works, Grain Works, Bakery plants, Concentrate Feed Factory "Bacutil". W 1964 a modern plant of Zamojskie Fabryki Mebli was launched at ul. Kiliński, based on an old bentwood furniture factory at ul. Lublin, employing only before the war 80 employees. Today it is the largest industrial plant in Zamość employing 3 thousand. employees. Road clinkers and Zakłady Materiałów Budowlanych should also be noted. Launched in 1971 and expanded in 1975 The "Cora" Clothing Works provided work for approx. 1700 women. An important role was played by Zakład Energetyczny dealing with, after the reorganization in 1950, distribution of electricity to the Zamość region and a little further. W 1973 The House Factory was established, working with the Kesting method and producing annually 1200 flats for the needs of the construction industry in Zamość. Almost simultaneously, because in 1974 Factory of Construction Equipment Elements "Metalplast" was erected and launched, employing 850 employees- This plant was erected at ul. Kiliński, is distinguished by a beautiful architectural solution. Many plants in Zamość boast high-quality production, earmarked for a considerable percentage of exports.

Despite the creation of many new jobs, yet there is a reserve of human hands (especially women), therefore, it is planned to launch new plants and expand the existing ones. The development of industry brought about an uprising 2 districts, where plants and material bases of many companies are located: pn. industrial and storage district along ul. Kilińskiego and the west district. along ul. Hanka Sawicka. Zamość can boast of production 18 industrial plants, which in 1975 r. produced goods of value 5,5 PLN billion (w 1970 production value was 2,1 PLN billion).

In addition to industrial construction, intensively, though a bit later - from 1956, housing construction began to develop. It was established or is under construction 10 settlements, 5 with multi-storey buildings, the other one with houses- or two-family houses. W 1. 1956—72 the Planty z 44 blocks of two- and three-story- Four-story buildings were still in 2 housing estates: County (implemented from 1967) and Przedmieście Lubelskie zw. also Orzeszkowa (built from 1969). Two newest estates, in progress, Kiliński (started in 1974) and Długa are already erected from elements produced by Zamojska Fabryka Domów. The Długa estate will have a high standard, started in 1976 and intended for 10 thousand. residents. The estates were designed with a network of services, kindergartens and primary schools. Housing estates with individual development of family houses (Podgroble, Castle, Cherry, Ray, partially Poviat) are built on allocated plots of land, with the help of state loans. Cooperatives have a significant share in housing construction, which to 1964 she built 17 buildings z 652 apartments.

Housing deficit alleviation, which still exists, hinders the necessity to expand the historic downtown in connection with the commencement of 1963 renovation (is resettled by approx. 500 families). Perspective . general spatial development plan, developed for 1985, provides for further multi-storey residential development in the Przedmieście Lubelskie estates and at ul. Długa and Kilińskiego and the creation of a new administration and service center on the eastern side of. from downtown, in the area of. ok. 16 he has, between ul. Partyzantów, Dzerzhinsky, Long, Świerczewski (the architectural competition was resolved in 1969 and won by Jacek Jedynak from Warsaw; implementation started in 1975). The center is to take over many functions of the historic downtown by locating the court buildings here, prosecutor's office, cultural and commercial facilities. In the post-war period, many public buildings were also erected (m. in. the seat of the Provincial Office and the PZU building).

A lot of care was taken after the war to restore the architectural complex of the historic downtown.

1 of 3