Zamość Rotunda – Mausoleum of Martyrdom of the Zamość Region, leading to the original wooden gate with the German inscription "Transit camp for prisoners of the security police". The first cell on the left was bombed in September 1939 r., here death sentences were carried out, it is commemorated by a plate with an inscription and the original barbed wire fence, others 19 the goal was developed and dedicated to individual social groups with appropriate information boards, epitaphs, monuments, photos, posters and announcements. A war cemetery around the Rotunda. Situated around the d. cannon post erected in l. 1825-31 according to the design. gen. Mallet-Malletskiego, later from 1866 r. used as a powder magazine, and along the road leading to it. The cannon post was a defensive element of the Zamość fortress, extended to the south. foreground and connected with the other fortifications by a dike. In September 1939 r. the Nazis shot single people here. W l. 1940-42 the occupiers placed a transit camp here for the Polish intelligentsia and people associated with the resistance movement. Since November 1942 r. to August 1943 r. the Nazis carried out mass shootings, and they buried the victims in the ditches near the rotunda. W 2 half. 1943 r. The Germans began to cover up the traces of these crimes, they took the remains of execution victims out of ditches and burned them. After establishing here in 1947 r. Museum, a cemetery was created around the Rotunda, to which the remains were transferred from some cemeteries in the Zamość region 1164 Polish soldiers who died in September 1939 r., members of the resistance movement killed in combat or murdered during the German occupation, 540 Soviet POWs who died in camps in Zamość or were murdered by the Nazis, Red Army soldiers who died in combat in 1944 r. (in the cemetery there is a monument to gen. Sergey Ogurtsov, commanders 10 Panzer Division, after escaping from the POW camp in Chełm in spring 1942 r. the general fought in the guerrilla, he died in October 1942 r. in the vicinity of Krasnobród), Jews – World War II victims (8 collective graves) and victims of Stalinist terror exhumed from the grave in the forest near. Stronger (20 people).
The site of the former camp for Polish displaced persons from the Zamość region. It was organized by the Nazis in the area of today's Reymont-Orzeszkowa housing estate. The camp was open in. 1942-43. Close passed through him 100 thousand. people. The prisoners are commemorated by a monument depicting the Angel of Death, issued at the intersection of ul. Piłsudskiego and Okrzei in 1978 r. according to the design. Jerzy Hycki.