From the palace we go to the Old Lublin Gate, also called Janowicka from the name of the village of Janowice located on this side. The oldest of the three gates in Zamość, built at bastion no 5 in the form of a straight line, was expanded in l. 1597-99. Through this gate, St. 1588 r. Hetman Jan Zamoyski led the Austrian Archduke Maximilian as a prisoner of war after the victory at Byczyna. After a few years, the gate was bricked up to commemorate the triumph over the Archduke (lest less dignified persons pass through this gate) and increasing the defenses of the fortress. It was reopened at the end of the 18th century. In the times of the Kingdom of Poland, the New Lublin Gate was built, and the old one was walled up again and turned into a prison. At the end of the seventies of the twentieth century. its original appearance was restored. From the front, in a triangular top, the personification of the Polish community on the throne, in the crown, with a scepter in his hand and an eagle on his lap. The Latin inscription was edited by Jan Zamoyski. The plaque on the gate commemorates the Nazi executions in. 1939-44 in the so-called. Gymnasium garden. Next to it, a stone commemorating the martyrdom of the Children of the Zamość Region in. 1942-43.
From the north side. w 1836 r. A playpen was erected, a brick and stone building on an irregular pentagonal plan, used to defend the moat. WITH 5 Only one of the cots in Zamość has survived. In the post-fortress areas near the Old Lublin Gate in l. 1922-27 the City Park was built according to the design. Walerian Kronenberg with an area of. 11,2 he has. The park area is diversified by the earth embankment d. bastionu nr 4, part of the curtain and the leftover pond d. fosy.
From the east. gate side, on the other side of ul. Academic, there is the building of the former. Zamojska Academy erected on old foundations in the l. 1639-48 according to the design. Eng. Andrea dell’Aqua. It is a four-sided structure with a symmetrical plan. East Wings. i zach. lecture halls with gates and staircases, library, a printing house and a chapel, while the other two – professors' flats and student lodgings. The square courtyard was surrounded on two sides by arcades. Modernized in l. 1752-65 by arch. Andrzej Bem (broken mansard roof in place of an attic), w 1784 r. the Academy was dissolved, w 1811 r. conversion of the building into barracks, w 1825 r. another reconstruction (brickwork of the arcades in the courtyard, photo of mansard roofs), from 1866 r. the school again, with a break for the gendarmerie headquarters in. 1939-44. The plaque on the facade from ul. Akademicka is commemorated by Maciej Rataj, teacher at this school in l. 1918-19, the poet Szymon Szymonowic – professor of the Academy, and the 15th entailer of Maurycy Zamoyski (1871-1939). The founding of the Academy was planned by Jan Zamoyski in 1580 r. The first school was established in 1581 r., w 1589 r. a secondary school was established, led by the poet Sebastian Klonowicz, and in April 1594 r. Jan Zamoyski established the Academy, approved a few months later by the bull of Pope Clement VIII. The opening took place 3 Mark 1595 r., in the published "Appeal to the Poles" Zamoyski used the words: "Be my beloved, support", and in the foundation act z 1600 r. “Such are the republics, what is their youth raising ". Initially, they were at the Academy 3 departments, there were two-cycle studies. It taught 15 professors, who provided a high level of education. Annually educated over 200 students. The legal and organizational connection of the university with the collegiate church has already resulted in 1620 r. gradual decline of the Academy, for the professors cared more about the proceeds of the canonies than about the lectures. W 1746 r. the reform of the university was carried out by bishop Jerzy Lascaris. W 1784 r. the Austrian authorities closed the Academy and established the Royal Lyceum instead, later transformed into the Provincial School, which, under the patronage of the Zamoyski family, reached a high level, a w 1811 r. was moved to Szczebrzeszyn. It has been operating at the Academy since 1594 r. printing house founded thanks to the efforts of Szymon Szymonowicz. Here in 1614 r. were published in his "Idylls". Do 1627 r. the printing house operated in a separate building, later in the premises of the Academy.