From the building of former. Akademii ul. Perec, we come to the Salt Market (name from the salt trade), one of three squares in Zamość, rectangular in shape and various buildings. From the north side. visible building of the post-reform church, now a subsidiary of St.. Catherine (originally St.. Peter of Alcantara) z l. 1680-86 proj. J. M. Baroque rope, w 1784 r. dissolution of the convention, w 1809 r. conversion of the church into a warehouse, w 1819 r. demolition of the monastery, w 1918 r. conversion into a theater hall. W l. 1925-26 there was a restoration of sacred functions. In the church basement from September to the end of November 1939 r. Jan Matejko's painting "Prussian Homage" was stored. Interior fittings from the interwar period, a painting of St.. Catherine in front of the Madonna and Child with 1 half. XVIII w. At the church, a monument to St. 1946 r. proj. Adam Klimek, commemorating professors and students of Zamość schools murdered by the Nazis.
From the Salt Market in the direction east. there was a Jewish quarter. W 1588 r. Jews obtained the privilege to settle in this district and to erect a synagogue, baths and schools. Peretz Street commemorates Icchak Lejbusz Peretz (1852-1915), one of the greatest writers in Yiddish, born and raised in Zamość, considered the "father of Jewish literature") or ul. Zamenhof, we come to the d. synagogue (corner of Zamenhofa and Bazyliańska), currently the seat of the library. The Late Renaissance building consists of a high prayer hall for men, erected in 1603 r. with a preserved stone Aron Kodesh (cabinet for holy books), stucco polychrome, a canopy-shaped vault with pairs of lunettes and a Renaissance portal. From mon. i pd. two lower women are adjacent, prayer rooms for women. The ridge attic with sgraffito and the concave roof were reconstructed in the 1st. 1967-72. On ul. Zamenhof 11 d. kahal house-councilor z 1 half. XVII w., originally single-story, expanded in the middle of. XVIII w., with a richly fragmented cornices and pilasters, a four-window facade. W 1 half. XVIII w. the seat of the cheder teachers – Jewish school. At ul. Zamenhof 3 mikvah house, that is, the Jewish bathhouse, with 1877 r. Inside, a room deeply embedded in the ground once housed a swimming pool for ritual baths, covered with a barrel vault with lunettes.
Further on ul. Zamenhofa, we go to ul. Łukasiński, a nią do ul. Partyzantów to the place, from which we started our tour.