We start our city tour from the City Park, where in the so-called. The playpen houses a model of the city, then we see the Old Lublin Gate and visit the old town. the center of court and intellectual life along ul. Academic, so the building of d. Academy and associated buildings, building complex d. Zamoyski residences, finally the arsenal, Szczebrzeska Gate, collegiate church and chapter buildings. city park, founded in the post-fort area of 1. 1922—27 according to the competition design by Walerian Kronenberg, is a good example of the adaptation of fortification relics for urban recreation. Park the pow. 11,2 ha has a complex outline as if z 2 triangles, resulting from the combination of the original ravelin and elephantine shapes, works of earth fortifications from the beginning of the 19th century., partially demolished after the liquidation of the fortress in 1866. The park also includes the adjacent to the south., the earth ramparts of the curtain and the north-west bastion, clearly legible in the field. nr IV, with 3 well-preserved vaulted culverts, and the so-called. Playpen. The richly carved terrain, thanks to the moats and fortifications, adds to the picturesque landscape of Zamość Park. W zach. part includes a large pond, being a remnant of a wide moat around the elephant seal (therefore the island is shaped like an inverted V), powered by the waters of Łabuńka. On the pond, there are two seals in a separate pool, constituting a great attraction for children and adolescents, and ducks and swans.
The playpen is an object of fortress architecture, once used to defend the moat. It was built in 1836 in the hollow of the moat, over the water canal; a bridge leading to the ravelin ran over it. It is the only surviving of the 5 this type of pens built in Zamość at the same time. It has the shape of an irregular pentagon; the interior is covered with a huge barrel vault with lunettes. The brick and stone exterior architecture refers to the Zamość fortress architecture from the times of gen. Malletskiego-
The model of the city in Kojec introduces us to the general problems of urban planning and architecture of a city designed as ideal.
Considerable size (6 m in diameter) the model was made of polychrome plaster in scale 1:165 w 1947 by the Zamość architects Tadeusz Zaremba and Adam Klimek and the sculptor Eugeniusz Baranowski prof. State Secondary School of Fine Arts in Zamość. It shows the city with fortifications in the period of the greatest architectural development in the 17th - 18th centuries. Despite some inaccuracies, the model gives a good idea of the urban composition of the chancellor's stronghold.
Zamosc, fortress city founded in 1580 by Jan Zamoyski, the Grand Chancellor of the Crown, was situated on a flat hill above the valley of the Łabuńka and Topornica backwaters, in front of the jumpers, where the founder was born in a small family castle. Zamość was intended for the capital of the ordination, i.e. "Zamość State" *, aimed at creating and maintaining the cult of the Zamoyski-Jelitczyk family by material securing the political and social position of the family in the Republic of Poland. The city was multifunctional: housed the residence of the ordinate - ,, head of state ”was a defensive fortress with modern fortifications, a center of education and science (Academy and printing house), religious life (collegiate) and judiciary (tribunal for cities of ordination), an important center of crafts and commodity exchange focusing on 3 markets.
The city was small - within the fortifications, together with the residence, it occupied approx. 24 he has, was only approx. 600 m long and approx. 400 m wide; was calculated for approx. 3 thousand. residents. Zamość was a complete city, you can say, ideal in its spatial and organizational structure. His layout, designed by the Italian engineer and architect Bernard Morand from Padua or Venice, he referred to the Italian late Renaissance urban thought, especially to Pietro Cataneo designs from the mid-16th century. and became one of the most outstanding productions of this type in European art.